Are you thinking of becoming an SAP BI(BW, BO) consultant and are feeling clueless about what is the road to it? Let me help you with this.
I will begin with expanding the abbreviations first with small intro of each:
SAP took birth way back in the year 1972. It is one of the oldest and largest inter-enterprise software companies.
Under BI ETL that is Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Data are performed. It is basically used for doing the analysis of various types of business data which aids in making a more informed decision. SAP BI is actually a part of SAP NetWeaver.
BI and BW are considered as same thing technically. Experts believe that it is kind of same product with a new label. However, there is no doubt that when you are thinking of BI over BW you are definitely looking at the bigger picture. SAP BW again is an SAP NetWeaver course.
Business Object is all together a separate software launched by SAP. It is mainly used for running a different kind of report by extracting respective data from the company database.
An SAP consultant must and should be enterprising by nature with a go-getter attitude. Basic skills every SAP consultant must possess are excellent technical skills, communication skills, analytical skills, and interpersonal skills. Apart from this, you will need at least a Graduation degree from a reputed university to proceed further. Listed below are the pre-requisite qualifications of becoming the SAP consultant:
• Graduation / Post Graduation degree (degree in computer science will be more appreciated though it is not compulsory)
• Knowledge of ABAP language is a plus
• A penchant for technology and database handling.
• Proficient in handling data spreadsheets, ERP systems and data warehouses.
• SAP BI Certification
Becoming an SAP BI/BW/BO consultant demands you to be technically sound. Most of the companies would prefer an experienced person over a fresher. However, even by doing a decent self-study of this module you can try for the position of junior consultant. Once you are into this field there are a plethora of opportunities waiting out there. Undoubtedly nailing the first job in this field is some task.
Here are some useful tips for beginners:
• Feel free to post your queries at SAP community Network there are some experts out there who are more than willing to help you.
• When you are doing some self-study you can always refer to SAP Help
• The best practice would be to have the basic knowledge of the all the SAP modules even though you take certification in only one.
• SAP is a field that requires you to stay updated. This is a field that will keep you on toes; you be a beginner or an expert. So be steady with your knowledge base.
Be the first to know about the latest SAP FICO Jobs! Join our free mailing list to get SAP FICO Jobs delivered based on your preference. You can unsubscribe anytime.